Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Holding Hands Down the Highway

        Alright so I bet when you read my header you were probably thinking 'what the heck is she talking about'. "Holding hands down the highway" is something my mom and say to describe drivers that stay side by side in both lanes, instead of using the left to pass the slower right traffic. But alas it seems that the people of Moscow and Pullman don't know this system and don't know that that is what you have to do.
       But there I was today picking my mom up from work after school like everyday and we got behind two sets of couples that wanted to hold hands down the highway. They did this for the majority of the way too; it was actually quite impressive. It kind of reminds me of when you try to stay up in sync with the person next to you on the swing set, on in this case it more of a dominance issue. More of a "Oh no you don't. I won't let you pass me." kind of thing.  
           In all honesty I love it when I see these drivers it makes my day. I root for them when I see them and I root for more cars to join in. All the while I sit back and watch the festivities. So I encourage you to see how many cars groups of cars you can get up to on a four lane highway mine so far is 3 groups of 2 (woot woot). Have fun and be safe!
Feel Free to Comment:P

2 comments: