Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Gettin' a Little Personal (IV)

         I think no matter who we are, we have a tendency to get caught up in the negative and get stuck there sometimes. So I decided to share a way that my therapist suggested I battle my chronic negative thinking. 
         All you have to do is find a little box. Now what you do is everytime something good happens make sure you write down what happened on that slip of paper and put it in the box. Depending on how frequently you want to look at them you can open the box every week, or month, or every other month, or at the end of the year and remember all of the good things that happened to you. 
Image result for small wood box        As human beings we have a tendency to focus and rehash and remember the negative and we don't balance that out with focusing, rehashing, and remembering all of the good that happens. We may do it with the extremes like vacations but what about after a long day having someone you love just wrap their arms around you and watch tv. Those thing slip out of head within an instant and I think that those are the things that are worth treasuring. 
        Also remembering to compliment ourselves and remind ourselves that we are worth being loved. and worth people getting to know. No matter how sappy that sounds. 
Be Happy and Feel Free to Comment:P

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I get stressed out one day and feel like the whole world is ending. This will help to remind myself that most days are good days and I can control that. Also it would be neat for me to write down cute things that my boyfriend does for me so at the end of each month and I thank him and be grateful for the love he shows me everyday. Crazy what we take advantage of in life.

    I hope today was a good day!
    Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete