Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cats and No Not the Musical Mixed with a bit of a Gettin' a Little Personal (V)

          I don't know how many of you out there are cat people but I definitely am. Think what you might but I love my kitties to death. Now I have three cats, but two are more of my parents and the third is definitely mine. She only stays in my part of the house; my bathroom and my bedroom. She doesn't venture out into the other areas of the house. By the way her name is Malia.
          Now as a person who has owned various pets all of her life, I cannot wrap my head around why the "odd" pets are always hardest to adopt at the shelters. These "odd" pets are those that have received injuries over the years: such as lose of limbs, or are over the age of 5 year old, or have unusual coloring. All of these qualities make them unlikable but the general populous and as such unadoptable and they spend month or over a year in humane societies. But these "odd" pets are some of the most sweet and lovable creatures I have met, personally if I could adopt them all I would but I already have a lot of animals.  By the way this is not exclusive to cats when I was writing this I was talk in about dogs and turtles and rabbits as well. 
           I have volunteered at the Humane Society of the Palouse on several occasions and it is really hard looking at the tags on the cages and seeing how long and animal has been there at the shelter without a family. And I am not trying to guilt anyone into adopting an animal, I just want to raise awareness about these other beings that are so intelligent and just want to have a family. So if you are looking for a companion just go stop by you may fall in love with someone there. And if you aren't the Humane Society is alway accepting volunteers to socialize with the animals; because if you think about it they are limited to being in their cages until someone socializes with them and animals such as dogs and cats are very social animals require a lot of attention and so if you find yourself with a little bit  of time to kill sometime and you love animals try it out. It is very fulfilling. 
          My recent addition to my family, Malia. We welcomed her into our family this last summer; she is 8 years old we got her from a friend of a family friend who was moving and to be honest she is my exact copy.  I love that cat to death, and she is attached  to my side. When you first meet her she is very quiet and they slowly she becomes more vocal until you can't get her to shut up. She complains all the time. She is very sassy. She only allow you to be close and affectionate with her when she allows. She doesn't cuddle. By all of these things you would say she sounds like any other cat you have heard of but I have never seen anything her equal. Except me:P. My Mal is just like me and in her almost year with us she has only connected with me, and is only cordial with the other members of my family. She is the first cat that has official been mine and all mine. So with her I am the crazy cat lady hahahaha. 
So You Can Add This to the List of Things to Know About Shyann, she is a Feminist an Animal Rights Activist I Guess
So Be Nice to Your Pets and Feel Free to Comment:P

1 comment:

  1. Funny how distinct their personalities are, isn't it? We've been through quite a few cats the past few years and I'm always amazed by how different each one is.

    ReplyDelete