Monday, March 9, 2015

Gettin' a Little Personal (III)

          In my last weeks post I talked about how for the last few months I have been without any close friends. In all honesty it has been the most peaceful moments of my year. I haven't had to deal with the drama that comes with accidentally offending your best friend and having them be mad at you for several days. I don't have to put up with being insulted and then believe that they were right. I also haven't had to deal with the obligations that come with making sure I hang out with them enough so they don't think that "something is going on". It has truly been peaceful.
           These last few months I haven't been looking to make any connections with people just have fun; but when I say that, at the same time I am not opposed to the idea if that makes sense. From my experiences you meet some of the coolest friends in the weirdest circumstances so I am just going along with the flow not cling to people. 
Image result for Independent woman
          A few months back I remembered being so scared at the thought of losing all the friends I was so close to but now with the knowledge that they were not good friends and that I am better off with out them and that I am better off without the drama, it all feels so much better.  But I have one thing to thank of my ex best friend, she helped me realize that I am truly and independent person. I don't need people around me to be whole and for me that is a satisfying thing to know. I now know that when I am on my own I will be fine; but not just fine happy. 
Feel Free to Comment:P

1 comment:

  1. From your comments, I hear you developing a sense of self. I've decided that it is most important to like yourself...then other people will learn to like the "you" that is "you". Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete